Thursday, September 14, 2006

Hodgepodge

* I love ridding my gmail account of its spam. Upon emptying the box, it cheerfully reads, "Hooray, no spam here!" It's always nice to receive encouragement for doing a good deed.

* I recently discovered that I managed to gain 9 lbs in a 5 week stretch. I laughed. Interestingly enough, I gained a similar amount of weight at right around this time last year that I subsequently lost without too much hassle. I wonder if late August/early September is, for whatever reason, Fatten Me Up Season. Maybe my body is attempting to bestow a favor upon every person I come in contact with from October through late March in the hopes that some additional padding will prevent me from incessantly whining about the degree to which I am freezing (to death, of course.) That's a nice thought.

* There is a really fun and very readable piece about the definition of feminism at Tomato Nation. You should check it out, if you haven't yet.

* My car is fixed. I should be picking it up tomorrow. It cost way more than it is probably worth to replace the ignition. I really am going to move, I swear. I have a new cell phone to prove it. Most of my stuff is at the apartment now. So much so, that I am even grungier than usual, as most of my clothes are gone. I've worn the same pair of jeans all week. Today, I am parading around in my sister's high school track sweatshirt that is marred by a prominent stain on the front and her name in cheap block letters on the back. Yeah, I'm gross. After the move, I will promptly change my jeans. I promise. That should be by Saturday morning, if not tomorrow night.

* I've been watching my 3 year old cousin Maggie this week while her mom works, as her regular babysitter had a death in the family and her regular back-up babysitters (my grandparents) are hitting up all the gambling hot spots they can find out west. It has been quite the adventure.














This is Maggie. Yes, she is playing in a parking lot.











This is sleepy, "I no need no nap" Maggie.












This is Baby. She is traveling safely. And stylishly.











These are Maggie's fuzzy, plastic toy shoes. She just had to wear them today. We went on many outings. She only fell once.

We've had a good time. She is very inquistive and very interested in my opinions about things, which she tends to adopt. She is also rather exhausting. But is has been fun. We took her to see the "pawtment," and she climbed the three sets of stairs about fifteen times with me while I moved things in. She colored on my jeans in lovely purple marker. I let her eat fudge rounds for breakfast. She explained all of the characters in That 70s Show to me as we watched. (She is obsessed.) She still calls me "Lala" (rather than "Sawa") about 50% of the time. I will miss her.

* And finally, here are some of my favorite bizarre searches that apparently led people to my blog.
  1. "Hamlet bookmarkers"
  2. "a rhymed poem: the person I want to marry"
  3. "sarry dead people"
  4. "freshman initiation sharpie face"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you find out what searches lead people to your blog?

janet

ps. YAY Alison is bloggins again, good work

Chariot13 said...

thanks janet. also, good question. how do you find that out?

and i just made my blog into beta blogger or whatever even though i wasn't really sure what you were saying about being able to comment as you.


p.s. your cousin is adorable.

Sara said...

Sitemeter is great. (www.sitemeter.com)

Apparently, once you switch your blog to the beta version, you cannot log in to comment on other blogs that are the old version. So, I just logged in as "other" to comment on your blog. This poses a problem on, say, Becky's blog, because she doesn't allow others or anonymous posting.